Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-24-2020 09:30 AM
My bios corrupted when performing an update, and I am following the support message to do a USB recovery, however I cannot make my USB keyboard working, I’m sure the keyboard is functional, I tested it with another computer and the num lock light is on and all key working fine, also the USB ports on the computer are working too, my usb thumb drive has light on when the computer start, but not the keyboard, the num lock, scroll lock does not lit, no matter how many times I tried, just not working, I have 2 USB keyboards both working fine on another computer but not on my HP computer, I did the CMOS clearing a few times still not work, what else can I do?
03-26-2020 02:27 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, let's update the Bluetooth driver by performing Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community