Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H8-1110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 version 1709 64GB is installed on my H8-1110  and for the past week when the system goes to sleep it does NOT wake up.   I pounded all the keys, move the mouse,.... but I just see a black screen so I restat the computer and see the Windows icon and underneath, the little white circles going around in a big circle but after 10 minutes nothing happens (it does not bbot).  So I restarted the system again and this time the boot worked , I was presented with my LogIn page (Password ---> Home page). I haven't updated the BIOS in awhile and was wondering if this might help but coiuldn't navigate the HP Website to get the lastest BIOS Drivers.  The H8-1110 is out of warannty so I don't know if HP still supports it and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

>  ... pounded all the keys, move the mouse ...

Did you lightly "tap" the ON/OFF button?

Check the "Power" settings for those two devices.

There might be an option to "allow this device to cause a wake-up from sleep mode".

What BIOS level is currently installed on your computer?

The only BIOS update for your system:

From: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1100-desktop-pc-series...

Type: BIOS
Version:  7.16 Rev. A
Release date: Feb 6, 2012
File name:  sp56122.exe (2.9 MB) 

Description: This package provides an update to the IPISB-CU Motherboard BIOS for the supported desktop models and supported operating systems.

Fixes:

- Adds support for 'S4/S5 Wake on LAN'.

- Resolves blue screen error (7B) after pressing Ctrl+Home keystroke combination.

---------------

The update is marked only for Windows 7.

That could mean that Windows 8 (and 10?) have added code to handle that keystroke combination.

Or, it could mean that HP has not updated the description after the release of Windows 8 (and 10).

Impossible to tell!

The above text from HP is a very terse description of what issues that the update addresses.

If you think that you need to, and your current BIOS is older, then go ahead and apply the BIOS update.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@swedishdiva

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

According to the HP product page for your PC, it did not come with Win10 preinstalled -- and HP only makes BIOS upgrades for the OS versions that come preinstalled on their PCs.

Additionally, HP makes their BIOS upgrade OS-version-specific, meaning the PC must be running the same version of Windows as the BIOS upgrade.  Thus, you can not run, for example, a BIOS upgrade designed for Windows 7 or 8x in Windows 10.

This means there is no BIOS upgrade you can download from HP for your PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

>  ... pounded all the keys, move the mouse ...

Did you lightly "tap" the ON/OFF button?

Check the "Power" settings for those two devices.

There might be an option to "allow this device to cause a wake-up from sleep mode".

What BIOS level is currently installed on your computer?

The only BIOS update for your system:

From: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1100-desktop-pc-series...

Type: BIOS
Version:  7.16 Rev. A
Release date: Feb 6, 2012
File name:  sp56122.exe (2.9 MB) 

Description: This package provides an update to the IPISB-CU Motherboard BIOS for the supported desktop models and supported operating systems.

Fixes:

- Adds support for 'S4/S5 Wake on LAN'.

- Resolves blue screen error (7B) after pressing Ctrl+Home keystroke combination.

---------------

The update is marked only for Windows 7.

That could mean that Windows 8 (and 10?) have added code to handle that keystroke combination.

Or, it could mean that HP has not updated the description after the release of Windows 8 (and 10).

Impossible to tell!

The above text from HP is a very terse description of what issues that the update addresses.

If you think that you need to, and your current BIOS is older, then go ahead and apply the BIOS update.

HP Recommended

Thank you Wood,  now that W10 is here for perpetuity may be we won't run into a situation like this in the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.