6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Usage dual video card

HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi to all. I have a problem: I installed a video card (ATI Radeon HD-4650) but I would to use also the integrated video card and switch to the dedicated card only for gaming. In the BIOS setup manual it is written that the option to choose the primary video card should activate, but in my BIOS it does not appear! The BIOS is updated to the latest version available (2.03). With the dedicated card installed, the PC force me to use only that one, in fact, in the list of peripherals of the Windows Control Panel, the integrated card does not appear! Is this normal ? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
17,825 17,770 1,655 3,910
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Usage dual video card

@Danyus 

In PCs that have two video chipsets, an onboard one an an extra one, the graphics switch automatically -- but that is because special video drivers come with those PCs that make that possible.

With your manually adding a card, that can not be done.  You have to select the video chipset manually through the BIOS options when you want to change from the built-in chip to the add-on card.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Level 20
Level 20
109,317 99,494 15,515 23,846
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Usage dual video card

Hi, @Danyus 

On the 6000 Pro model series, when you install a PCIe x16 video card, the onboard video is automatically disabled, and there is no way to enable it.

Refer to the F10 setup guide, page 12.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01870907

Inserting a PCI Express x16 video card automatically disables Integrated Video. When a PCI Express x16 video card is installed, Integrated Video cannot be enabled

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation