Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 24" All-in-One Desktop Computer AMD A9 8GB RAM 1TB HDD White
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I went into my bios to enable virtualization for an emulator but when I pressed “enter” it wasn’t enabling, I pressed f(can’t remember number) and it said “A power cycle is required for a change to be activated” Anyone know a solution to this? Or how to do a power cycle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@galactix2
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

You can enable or disable the Intel® Virtualization Technology in the BIOS setup. The default behaviour is disabled. To change the settings, follow these steps.

( By intel support ) 

1. Access the system BIOS by pressing <F2> during the system power-on self-test (POST).

2. Click Advanced > Processor Configuration.

3. Select Intel® VT for Directed I/O and change to Enabled.

4. Do an AC power cycle.

Note: Any time the setup options are changed to either enabled or disabled, an AC power cycle must be done for the changes to take effect.

Intel® Server Boards or Intel® Server Systems require the following components to support Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) or Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for Directed I/O (Intel® VT-d):

• Intel® Xeon® Processor that supports Intel VT
  • BIOS with Intel VT or VT-d support
  • A third-party virtual machine manager (VMM) may also be required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@galactix2
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

You can enable or disable the Intel® Virtualization Technology in the BIOS setup. The default behaviour is disabled. To change the settings, follow these steps.

( By intel support ) 

1. Access the system BIOS by pressing <F2> during the system power-on self-test (POST).

2. Click Advanced > Processor Configuration.

3. Select Intel® VT for Directed I/O and change to Enabled.

4. Do an AC power cycle.

Note: Any time the setup options are changed to either enabled or disabled, an AC power cycle must be done for the changes to take effect.

Intel® Server Boards or Intel® Server Systems require the following components to support Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) or Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for Directed I/O (Intel® VT-d):

• Intel® Xeon® Processor that supports Intel VT
  • BIOS with Intel VT or VT-d support
  • A third-party virtual machine manager (VMM) may also be required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for helping me with this!

HP Recommended

@galactix2

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.