Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

This link doesn't ask you to answer a question, it takes you to a download site which via a url that appears to be outside the HP domain and offers a file to update your HP Display Control. Seems strange that a needed update would be presented this way rather than through the installed HP Support Assistant like all other updates. I also set up my system weeks ago and am now just getting this message. May be legit but seems suspicious in the way it is presented. Anyone else have information on this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes I am getting this too

HP Recommended

@RJTimb

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
  • What is the operating system?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.