Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warning Message

This link doesn't ask you to answer a question, it takes you to a download site which via a url that appears to be outside the HP domain and offers a file to update your HP Display Control. Seems strange that a needed update would be presented this way rather than through the installed HP Support Assistant like all other updates. I also set up my system weeks ago and am now just getting this message. May be legit but seems suspicious in the way it is presented. Anyone else have information on this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warning Message

Yes I am getting this too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,576 14,539 633 702
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warning Message

@RJTimb

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
  • What is the operating system?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation