Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-df0023w
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased this computer to simply use to apply to jobs. This computer is probably the worst product I've ever purchased. From new till now I've probably powered it up less than 15 times because it takes a solid 5 mins to boot up. And literally anything you try to open takes 30 to 90 seconds to open, from chrome to just the "my computer" folder. Is there anything I can do to this thing before I decide to office space it and buy a different brand. 

I worked 3 jobs for the last 3 years and never had time to sit down and figure it out or try to deal with warranty. Now it's way past warranty and seemingly the biggest waste of money I've purchased.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

These older All-in-Ones came with slow hard drives -- so they took a LONG time to do anything.  Two years ago, a relative asked me to upgrade theirs for this very reason and in taking off the case, I caused the screen to crack -- so I had to replace the PC.  I was then, however, able to replace the HDD with a MUCH faster SSD -- and I continue to use this PC every day with no performance issues at all.

Since it is out of warranty, if you are willing to spend the money and can find a PC place to swap out the drive (WITHOUT breaking the screen), it could be worth your while to have that done -- but the cost could easily exceed simply replacing it with a new All-in-One -- and those come with SSDs already buit-in and are much faster, as a result.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.