cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
compgeek393
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 Pavilion x360 stuck on on hp loading and restart screens

HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer started an automatic update overnight and is now stuck in a loop between the restarting screen and hp loading screen. Using advanced options, I have already tried a startup repair, tried uninstalling the latest updates, tried a safe mode reset from the startup settings, and tried to do a system restore from a restore point( but it said i don’t have any restore points). what else can i do without re-installing windows and losing all of my files?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,848
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@compgeek393 

I would suggest two things to start ...

First, get a USB stick and back off all the files you need to keep -- to ensure you have them if you have to eventually to a reinstall.

Second, provide us the specific version of Windows you are using.  To find this, enter "winver" (without the quotes) in the Search area and report back what the window says.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation