Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ5000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do I fix my computer so it will boot up. I have tried everything I know to fix it but do not get past the loading file stage in any of the "F" (not cuss word 🙂 numbers on the keyboard.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Glodeo,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01884928

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, thank you for all that you do for everyone!!! I did go to the link you posted and tried all that I could as I already have several times, cleaned all the dust out and reset the memory card. I truly think there is a virus or Trojen keeping the files from loading to get to the repair files, Windows Repair will load files up to AtiPcie64.sys then goes black so I go to Error Rec. again click repair and can see a 2nd picture of a bar that says Microsoft only for a couple of seconds but it does not load any files, it goes black. I have been looking for my key but have not located my packet yet.

HP Recommended

@Glodeo,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ut CS is down right now, thanks for everything. I truly think Microsoft wants everyone on Windows 10 and if there was any way to make that happen it would be to cause a glithc in the boot up. They do have access with the updates and all. I know they have quit updating but I was hoping I could still use my comp, seems everything is all about money!

Thanks again!

Glodeo

HP Recommended

@Glodeo You should be able to use Windows 7, just without the updates and skipping some of those security updates could be tricky, which is why they recommend upgrading to Windows 10, although, I completely see where you are coming from, and yeah, it does seem like its all about money these days, however, you always have alternate options like Linux among other Open Source or in other words FREE OS, that could be installed on the device if you don't want to invest on upgrading to Windows 10, that said, I must let you know that HP neither supports nor recommends using the Linux, so, yeah! this is just me, writing to you, as a friend.

I hope that helped!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi R~D and thank you so much for the info!! I do not know much about Linux, I assume it is the Xtra PC? What is Open Source and does it work the same way as Linux? That means I will loose everything I had on the Windows 7, that just seems unfair since the NSA gets and keeps everything from every where and we cannot even get our own files. Anyway, something inside me says that I might still have a chance with this HP I just need to figure out what the problem is and I do understand that eventually other web sites will not want to comply with Windows 7, we have a Windows XP laptop and there are thing I cannot do on that either. Such a scam....pay more money, makes one feel like we are already controlled by AI!

Thanks so much for your help here and for all you do for everyone!

Glodeo

HP Recommended

@Glodeo,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If you have performed all the steps suggested in the article then it might be a hardware issue. I recommend you contact a local tech and he can check the computer physically and let me know the exact issue.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your help but the local tech is an hour away!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Glodeo,

You're welcome!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.