Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24 f0036a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased this device  for home business use and I was delighted by the fact it has a m.2 NVME slot, however I have tried to Samsung NVME drives with clean installs and it takes around 30 seconds on the windows boot screen, for some reason in a modern pc HP have chosen to go with a pcie 3x1 slot when current gen is 3x4, however that still around 900mbps read speeds and all my other devices are around 5 second windows loading screen.

I have verified that its not a bad HDD nor was any windows files put on there during setup.

Also what is the M.2 NGFF DGPU slot for?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Raziane Welcome to HP Community!

The best way to reduce boot time, if you know your hardware is good, is mentioned below:

1. Type "Power Options."
  2. Select Power Options.
  3. Click "Choose what the power button does."
  4. Select "Change settings that are currently unavailable" if the Shutdown settings are greyed out.
  5. Check the box next to "Turn on fast startup."
  6. Click Save Changes.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

I have already tried that, power options are high performance, fastboot box checked and trim is enabled. Can you confirm is the pcie m.2 slot supposed to be 3x1?

HP Recommended

@Raziane
Thank you for posting back. 

After reading your post, I did go through the motherboard specifications of your product and found that you have M.2 installed on the PC.

For more details, see Rhone motherboard specifications.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo,

I'm aware that I have a m.2 drive installed, as I installed it...

The specs you posted I have already researched and found myself, the specs simply state it has a 2280 M.2 slot, it does tell you if it supports both PCIE and SATA, nor does it tell you the bus speed.

I'll stick to building custom computers, a bit ridiculous.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.