Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP dc5850
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,I have a problem with Windows is loading files.It started after I shut down pc because my mouse got broken(by pressing power button).I found another mouse,but when I pressed power button,Windows is loading files text popped up.After one sec,a new screen appeared,with what might happened.I pressed enter,it shows my startup window but it goes again.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC ( Socket AM2+, AMD 780V chipset) is circa 2007 or 2008. This is a very old PC, am I correct?

You need to provide more details so forum members can figure out what is happening.

A broken mouse, caused by pressing the (PC's power button ?) does not help to diagnose your problem. This fact does not provide relevent information.

Please reanalyze your problem and submit additional details.

Regards

HP Recommended

Well,I don't remember how old is my pc.it started when I saw that my mouse is broken,so I pressed PC Power button to shut down computer.When I wanted to turn it on,text popped up:Windows is loading files".Also,when I took my hard disk and powered up PC,I heard clicking noise coming from hard disk,I think it is broken.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the additional informaton.

This sounds like the system locked up. Then you heard clicking sounds when restarting your PC.

These symptoms sound like the HDD may be failing.

You may have to replace the HDD. You may lose data if this true.

Regards

HP Recommended

I know that  I have to change HDD,I don't have anything that is worth saving,I only have music,and few picks,but thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

You may be able to recover the music and pics by connecting the failing HDD to an external USB 3.0 to SATA adapter after removing this drive from the PC.

Connect the bad HDD to the adapter. Connect the adapter to your PC or a different PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.