Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Aero 13.3 inch Laptop PC 13-be0000 (3B3W4AV)

my mother board had to be replaced (by HP), however, when the laptop was returned I was unable to log back in as bitlocker was blocking me.  I tried to get the bitlocker key from Microsoft, however, they don't have anything listed against me for this laptop and I don't have the recovery key.  There was some suggestion that HP may have set bitlocker when the laptop was shipped and therefore they would hold the key.  My recovery key id is: 6c394708-876f-4f26-adef-3ee58f33882b.  

my only other option is to restore windows from a recovery cd from another laptop, but not sure that this would work and the data on my hard disk would be lost.

Any help or suggestion, greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.