Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have HP ProDesk 600 G3 Mini I was getting an error message that the CPU fan was not working or disconnected. But you could hear the fan working.  Unplug the unit and opened it up everything looked fine when I plugged it back in I got an error message that the time and date where wrong and the CMOS battery could be bad. I replaced the CMOS battery restarted the unit set the time and date. 

Now the computer will not boot from my Samsung SSD 850 EVO  it had been booting fine. I get the error message Boot device not found Hard Disk-(3F0). I reinstalled the original hard drive(old school) it boots just fine.

I don't  know if my SSD drive is bad or is there a setting in the CMOS that I'm missing keeping from working 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @theabbott 

The Samsung 850 EVO should work as expected after replacing the CR2032 MB battery.

A 3F0 error usually means the disk may have failed or the bootloader is corrupted.

Try running HP Diagnostics to check the 850. Start the PC. Tap "ESC". Select "F2". Run drive tests. Also run component tests. Faulty RAM can throw multiple error messages.

Connect the 850 to a different PC as a data drive to back up stuff if you can mount this disk.

HP Recommended

Fix it turned off secured boot in CMOS and it booted right up

HP Recommended

Hi

That's interesting.

Secure Boot usually affects new graphics cards or drives containing untrusted bootloaders.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.