Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 27 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I get out of this boot loop?

I unplugged the computer last night after shutting it down. This morning I plugged it back in and restarted it. About a week ago, Windows did an automatic update, but it started up fine several times after that. After the HP logo, it went into Automatic Repair, the Diagnostics, and then gave a blue screen with "Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly"

I tried restart, but it kept going back to this screen (and still does). I clicked on advanced options. The "Continue" option looped back the the blue screen. I do not have a device to use as an alternate boot device. I went to the "Troubleshoot option several times, Startup Repair did not work. I tried nearly all the the Startup Settings, none worked. I tried many of the UEFI Firmware Settings, and did a long check on hardware (took >3h). Everything checked fine (memory, both hard drives, etc.). I have no system restore point to reset to. 

I reset the boot order to use a legacy boot, but as I had no legacy boot device, this did not help. So I set it back the the UEFI boot order (after resetting the safe boot protection).

I followed all of the virtual agent instructions. Hard reset did not work. CMOS reset did not show reset message (I tried several times, holding the keys 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11 seconds). BIOS reset made 8 beeps, but even after 15 minutes, the BIOS screen did not appear.  There were no external devices attached, and the hard reset did not work again.

I conclude that there is not hardware problem, so there must be a software problem. Is there some way I can find/fix this wtihout having to reset the computer? Or is there a way to save all my files (many GB worth) so I can reset without losing files? Computer has a wireless connection, but this does not seem relevant to this problem...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It is me with an addition. This morning the computer will not even start to boot up. I press the on button, and nothing happens.

HP Recommended

@Dandow1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the  boot loop on Pavillion 27 All-in-one with Windows 10.

Please perform the below steps.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The problem was created by the Windows 10 update. The solutions from praveen196 did not work. I had to do a major workaround to not lose my files. Did a legacy boot to avoid starting the OS on the computer, and used the OS on the USB stick to partition the HD, install the old system in the partition, set up the partition as the default and set up simple access to the original partition. This erased all of my software, but I did not have that much software on the computer, so I did not mind. Now it is working fine.

HP Recommended

@Dandow1

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear that the issue is resolved.  

In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.