04-17-2020 07:56 PM
Here is what I have tried:
- Regular Windows recovery : Failure every time
- PC Reset : Fails at 65% on both 'keep my files' and 'remove everything'. Says that reset failed and restores previous settings
- Chkdsk command prompt : no change after completion
- Md backup command prompt: fails after input of 'copy *.* ..'
- Bootrec command prompt: told access is denied after input of 'bootrec /fixboot'
All command prompts come from this video and previous discussions on these forums: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFJ1-6O4pQ)
Any other suggestions on what I could do? I have no clue how to properly reinstall windows through USB and do not have access to a computer with a USB port other than the broken desktop.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-21-2020 06:00 PM
@spironcheese Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting c:\ windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt log error.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
In that case, I would suggest you perform the hard drive test and check.
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.
If the test is passed, you have to perform the recovery.
If the issue still persists, you will have to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.
Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here
Performing the recovery you will lose the personal data an installed application.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
04-22-2020 07:01 AM
Thank you for the update.
We are happy to hear that the provided solution worked for you.
The issue with the operating system file is corrupted. Do not worry. It will not appear again.
In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us.
We will assist you.
Have a nice day!!