Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G3 23.8-inch Touch All-in-One PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have problem with installation on computer Eliteone 800 g3. there are preinstalled windows 10 but i need install windows7 becuse i must run some aplication bat works only on windows 7. so success install usb 3.0 driver to iso insatlation so mouse and keyboard working but when i want to choise disk it not showing. and i test a lot of nvme drivers but no one working so i dont know what can do else? i have inside Samsung 950 pro disk.

so if anyone solve this before i will be very hapy.
soory my englesh is bad 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't have a handy tutorial for this. You can Google for more information on this.

Do you have Windows 7 downgrade rights? HP provides Windows 7 driver support for your PC here.

You can use info on this HP site to download Windows 7 Cloud Recovery Kit from HP. This may be the easiest way to go if you really need Windows 7.

Installing Windows 7 on a Kaby Lake processor and an NVME stick is difficult at best.

You have to install the Windows 7 convenience rollup (before connecting a new Windows 7 install to the network) or it will take forever to patch Windows 7 using Windows Update. You also have to install an unofficial patch to unblock Windows 7 updates on an Intel 7th or 8th generation processor.

Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

A couple of different things can cause this error.

You will have to do a custom Windows 7 install. Disconnect all other bootable storage drives when doing a custom, clean Windows 7 installation.

You must boot to the Windows 7 installation media as a UEFI device at the HP Boot Menu. A legacy boot will default to MBR partitioning.

The 950 (Windows 10 on this drive) is now configured as a UEFI boot device using GPT.

Windows 7 will never see the M.2 NVME drive until you direct the Windows 7 installer to the Samsung NVME driver. I usually create a folder on the Windows 7 installation USB media and place the Samsung NVME driver in that folder.

Tom

HP Recommended
So as you write can i install windows 7 on this pc. Did you have somewhere some tutorual how to do this?

Toni
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't have a handy tutorial for this. You can Google for more information on this.

Do you have Windows 7 downgrade rights? HP provides Windows 7 driver support for your PC here.

You can use info on this HP site to download Windows 7 Cloud Recovery Kit from HP. This may be the easiest way to go if you really need Windows 7.

Installing Windows 7 on a Kaby Lake processor and an NVME stick is difficult at best.

You have to install the Windows 7 convenience rollup (before connecting a new Windows 7 install to the network) or it will take forever to patch Windows 7 using Windows Update. You also have to install an unofficial patch to unblock Windows 7 updates on an Intel 7th or 8th generation processor.

Tom

HP Recommended
Hello i solve this now. Yes the Recovery Kit from hp site working. Tnx a lot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.