Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Athlon 22 silver
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this computer for only 3 days.  I dual boot using ubuntu and Windows 10, but my primary os is Ubuntu.  Nowhere in the bios is there an option to change the default boot order.   I expected to find one under either "configuration" or "boot options."  At present the default os at boot is windows 10.  So I must use f9 at every boot to get to Ubuntu. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
it seems to me that it is "normal"
I did not have the same experience, windows and Ubuntu version, and probably the uefi bios system
But I had installed a multiboot, except in order to be able to take advantage of the boot options of one or the other I would have been obliged, to reinstall everything in a certain order ..
At the beginning to change it, I had to change the order of the disks in the bios, impractical.
But I had found a software allowing to have the menu at the start in order to choose one or the other.
It worked with windows 7 and other (from memory) and maybe linux versions.
I can't remember the name, I'll see if I find something like this.
This could help you , but beware it is not without risk.

[edit]

Okay sorry, I don't remember the name at all, and I can't find
I wouldn't want to give something wrong
In addition there is certainly a difference with UEFI mode.
There may be an option, but I advise you to look for links, tips advise, but maybe a track with easy BCD

https://sospc.name/dual-boot-reparer-supprimer/

https://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I talked to support and the problem is a firmware upgrade that omitted the option, accidentally or deliberately, to change the default boot order.  I'm trying to downgrade to an earlier firmware, but the system  won't let me.  So I'm trying to recontact support (constant busy signal) to see if they can do it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.