Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
5ml75ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to change the disk from SSD128 to a larger disk so what is the appropriate type, is it ssd m.2 sata or ssd m.2 NVME ?

This is my model:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06188393?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003 

EpmbwpIXIAAyyRe.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does the BIOS recognize the SSD?

If not, then it a NVMe SSD must not be compatible and only SATA SSD's are supported like the one you removed.

If the NVMe SSD does show up in the BIOS, try clean installing W10 on it by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

The drive you removed is a SATA drive.

I cannot find any information from HP as to whether or not your PC's motherboard would also take a NVMe drive.

However, the Crucial memory/SSD report for your PC indicates that it does support NVMe drives.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 27 series | Pavilion 27-xa0003nx All-in-One | Cru...

HP Recommended

hi

" The drive you removed is a SATA drive. "

Sorry, how do you know it's an SSD and not NVMe?
The product page indicates:

128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

I admit having a little trouble differentiating the two there.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have never in my life seen a NVMe drive with two notches cut into the contacts.

I checked the parts list for the product number and it doesn't list any M.2 drives, so I can't cross reference the part number.

HP Recommended

Yes, I hadn't noticed the pictures are small
But then the information is contradictory
look at the models of the series, for some (same motherboard) it is not specified NVme indeed ..

27-xa0013ny Product Specifications

256 GB SATA SSD

I listed two or three models in hp part, but no references, some were with 256
256 GB PCIe® NVMe ™ M.2 SSD
If the notches are not the same, I don't see how, those in crucial can be compatible, in this case!
curious situation

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I bought this ssd  https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Internal-Security-SA2000M8-500G/dp/B07VXCFNVS/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&ke...

and tried to install it with the clone process but it doesn't boot up, I think the ssd does not fit on my computer 😔

thanks all

boot.pngproblem.png

HP Recommended

.big pic

EpmbwpIXIAAyyRe (1).jpgEpmbwpGWwAMQFTB.jpg

HP Recommended

Look here  SSD  m.2 EpmbwpFXUAAeIxZ.jpgone port

HP Recommended

Hi:

Does the BIOS recognize the SSD?

If not, then it a NVMe SSD must not be compatible and only SATA SSD's are supported like the one you removed.

If the NVMe SSD does show up in the BIOS, try clean installing W10 on it by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

thanks  i  will try

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.