Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24 xa0024 All-In-One PC

I keep trying to press the power button(left hand side) to turn on my computer and it keeps saying "check HDMI - in cable". Nothing has ever been plugged into the monitor and I have only used this computer a handful of times. The power plug in in the back of the monitor shows a little white light so I know it is getting power. Is there a button that was pressed to switch settings?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

> is there a button?

There could be a button on the side/bottom edge of the monitor, to tell it which of the several inputs (HDMI, VGA, DVI) on the back of the monitor is to be the "active" input.

Look for an OSD ("On Screen Display") button, and a few other buttons (up/down, left/right, exit) that you can press to navigate through the menus presented by the OSD.

HP Recommended

There are only 4 buttons total on the computer. On the left hand side of the monitor is the power button. I have always used this to turn it on with no problems. The light will go on and stay on. I press that now, and the light flashes. On the right hand side of the monitor are three buttons. Volume up, volume down, and I am guessing a menu button. I press  the power button and nothing happens. I press the menu button and that's when it will display "Check HDMI-IN Cable" and go back to black. I have tried everything on the internet from trying to reboot the entire system and nothing else works. I have come across multiple threads with the same issue, but no answer. The keyboard also does not seem to be on.

HP Recommended

IMG_9673.jpgIMG_9671.jpg

HP Recommended

While Windows is running, even though you cannot see anything:

1. hold-down the "Windows" key (bottom-left of your keyboard)
  2. touch the "P" key. 
  3. Release both keys.
  4. Touch the "right-arrow" key.
  5. Touch the Enter key, and wait a few seconds.

Does your internal screen come to life? If not, repeat the above 5 steps, up to 5 times.

If none of the above work, change step #4 to "touch the down-arrow key", and try the 5 steps up to 5 times.

What you are not seeing is one of:

• internal screen only
  • duplicate "internal" and "external" (where "external" is your HDMI-output socket)
  • extend (two side-by-side physical screens, but logically being treated as one)
  • external screen only

Or, simply connect the HDMI-output port on your computer to an HDMI-input port on your TV, and set your TV to "input from HDMI".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.