Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion590
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

computer stopped running and when restarted, a blue screen gave me a thermal shutdown message, I turned it off, back up again and started immediately and working fine

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Raullt

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Thermal Shutdown is caused due to overheating. 

Try Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents

Try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on the PC to the latest version and check if it helps.

You can update the drivers on the PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Verifying that computer fans are operational

With the power on, look inside the computer and find the cooling fans. Look for the fans near vents, around the processor, and around the video card. You can use a flashlight to help find the fans, but do not put anything inside the computer.

Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot PC overheating issues. Click Here

If the issue persists after trying out the steps try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on the PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.