Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Followed all insruction found on support forum to check, but still won't turn on.  Tried new power supply and that didn't solve problem.  Have been having problem with computer being off in morning when it is set to never shut off.  Computer is 14 months old.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ima_digger

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114 PC and it does not power on. I have read your post comprehensively and you've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I recommend you to contact our HP phone support team to check the available hardware service options for your HP PC because the evidence points towards the motherboard. 

Hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Before I take my desktop to a repair service, I decided to check bpower supply, which checked out OK,  Then checked cmos battery.  I purchased another battery, installed it. And computer booted up.  Computer is only 14 months old, and battery should not have been issue.  Disappointed in HP for using old or defected cmos batteries. 

HP Recommended

Hi

Replacing the CR2032 motherboard battery is the easiest and least expensive troubleshooting procedure one can do when faced with a misbehaving PC. A bad CR2032 battery is a motherboard problem.

Give yourself a solution. That was good detective work.

HP or any other OEM has no way of knowing when a component will fail prematurely.

Stuff happens.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.