Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I turn on the computer it goes to automatic repair and then says cannot repair. I have done a system restore but that failed. Don't know what to do now. Help please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since the system restore failed, it might be that there is a problem with something more.

First I would recommend doing the diagnostics routine.  You can invoke the diagnostics by:

1) start tapping the Esc key and then start the computer

2) keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu appears

3) pick the diagnostics - F2 and let it run through the system

Report back with results. 

You could run a repair attempt from a Windows 10 media that you can make from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.

Then boot the problem PC to this new media and pick "repair this PC" instead of the install.  There are several choices to try a repair.  If you need some guidance with that, come back for help.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.