Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp Compaq 8000 elite convertible minitower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have an old video card gigabyte gv-nx62tc256ds and it is not picking up I device manager and when I am installing the driver it is giving me a error code saying cannot find the hardware.

So I have been online and I have found out that if uefi
Is enabled on the pc than old video cards won't run I have went online looking on how to turn it off in the bios but there is no option in the bios to turn it off I looked in security, advanced, system nothing comes up about uefi however I have found it on my hp laptop but that is not important as I can't really put a gpu on a laptop so basically I can't find an option for uefi the only option I'm getting anywhere close to that is boot order can anyone help please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

The choices usually are

UEFI/GPT or MBR

with Secure / Legacy boot options.

The BIOS is also a factor in how flexible it is for older hardware.

"and it is not picking up I device manager"

There is sometime a drop down menu to show hidden devices...

Hidden Devices.png

But the upshot is that it sadly may not be compatible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You may have BIOS instead of UEFI.

HP Recommended

Hi

The choices usually are

UEFI/GPT or MBR

with Secure / Legacy boot options.

The BIOS is also a factor in how flexible it is for older hardware.

"and it is not picking up I device manager"

There is sometime a drop down menu to show hidden devices...

Hidden Devices.png

But the upshot is that it sadly may not be compatible.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help 

HP Recommended

There are two advantages of using a UEFI/GPT Layout Boot Device, one is that it could have the total storage capacity of over 2.0TB (MBR is Limited to 2TB) and if you have more than 4 Primary Partitions (not Logical within an Extended - there's no Limit for Logical Partitions within an Extended Partition Scheme). Hope this information about limited address spacing helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.