Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 1414 Envy Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have windows 10 pro 64 bit installed. I received update for windows 11 stating I need secure boot enabled. Enabled secure boot in UEFI BIOS, Now getting 6 beeps and no video on boot. I  no longer have the original video card that came with the computer. I purchased a used HD7450 which I was told was the original card model but have the same problem still.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know what you will be able to do, because your PC's motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics.

It was a great idea to try and buy a used but tested and working AMD Radeon HD 7450, but the card that came with your PC was a proprietary card made specifically for your PC.

You couldn't even use the AMD drivers from the AMD website on that card, that's how proprietary it was.

How was the PC working without the original card?

You would have had to disable secure boot with the original HP HD 7450 graphics card installed.

Below is the parts list for your PC.

HP PartSurfer

They have the part number you need for the card, but I could only find one for well over $300 dollars on Amazon.

Surprisingly, I found nothing on eBay.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know what you will be able to do, because your PC's motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics.

It was a great idea to try and buy a used but tested and working AMD Radeon HD 7450, but the card that came with your PC was a proprietary card made specifically for your PC.

You couldn't even use the AMD drivers from the AMD website on that card, that's how proprietary it was.

How was the PC working without the original card?

You would have had to disable secure boot with the original HP HD 7450 graphics card installed.

Below is the parts list for your PC.

HP PartSurfer

They have the part number you need for the card, but I could only find one for well over $300 dollars on Amazon.

Surprisingly, I found nothing on eBay.

HP Recommended

It was running the latest dev version of Window 10 insider preview in legacy mode. I had made the legacy change when I still had the original card before installing a new card. Window 11 update complained about the hardware no being compatible without secure boot enabled so I made the change. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.