Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One-PC 27-3A1J3AV

Hi there

Currently I have on this machine (Bios AMI F.11) 16 logical processor running. I need to have it changed to 8. Normally I can make the change within the BIOS.. but unfortunately not in this case.

There is no advanced menu wirthin the bios.

i have also tried to access it by pressing the key A before accessing the bios.. doesnt work.

I also entered a BIOS Password in case that would be mandatory to have the advanced section enabled.. no success.

Can anybody help me with any idea how to disable hyperthreading on this machine in order to have it running on 8 logical cores instead of 16?

Thhanks a lot.

HP Pavilion All-in-One-PC 27-3A1J3AV

AMD ryzen 7

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If no option in the bios, hard to say..
Sometimes there are key combinations, but hp does not give this information, not always easy to find, and if it exists for a given model
that said
MSconfig, allows to decrease the number of processors, therefore of logical processor, but, I doubt that this is what is desired..
just see

Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 174040.pngCapture d’écran 2022-11-24 174135.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 174440.png

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.