Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 110-016 IN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team, 

I encounter every time I start the PC  a boot time : " error 511-CPU Fan not found" .

I checked up for any dust accumulation over CPU fan or the cool vents are blocked , but the CPU inside as well all the vents are  very neat & clean looks new even after 8 years   . No clogging . I hear  sudden buzzing whiff noise from fan after every  1 or 2 hours . 

How to remove the " error 511-CPU Fan not found"  appearing at booting ? Please advise.

With Regards

K V S Madhava Rao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The CPU fan is the most important fan, so be sure it is running by observation.  Otherwise there is a risk of failure if it is truly not running.  Open the case to look, verifying that it actually is running.

The warning is produced by a sensor on the motherboard that monitors the current the CPU fan is using to run.  Either the fan has changed its characteristics or the sensor has failed.  I know of no way to disable the warning, but you could try changing the fan (replace).  I would be concerned with this statement "I hear sudden buzzing whiff noise from fan after every 1 or 2 hours " without at least observing the fan - remove the case to make it visible.  You need to do that to see if the CPU fan is running, anyways.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The CPU fan is the most important fan, so be sure it is running by observation.  Otherwise there is a risk of failure if it is truly not running.  Open the case to look, verifying that it actually is running.

The warning is produced by a sensor on the motherboard that monitors the current the CPU fan is using to run.  Either the fan has changed its characteristics or the sensor has failed.  I know of no way to disable the warning, but you could try changing the fan (replace).  I would be concerned with this statement "I hear sudden buzzing whiff noise from fan after every 1 or 2 hours " without at least observing the fan - remove the case to make it visible.  You need to do that to see if the CPU fan is running, anyways.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.