Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 500-400na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

on bootup pc has spinning balls and takes 4 to 5 minutes to get into windows (Win 10 v19.03)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Assuming the PC worked to your satisfaction before recently, then perhaps the hard drive is failing.  Failing hard drive will give slow, poor performance just before it totally fails.  I hope you have your data backed up to an external media.  Hint, hint

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Also try unplugging any external HDD's or USB sticks you have plugged into the unit. See if it boots quicker then.

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Check Task Manager, Startup to see how many programs are in the list.

Some startup programs can be disabled to improve startup time.

Run HP Diagnostics (Link) at system startup to check hardware.

Tap "Esc" at boot

Select "F2"

Run System tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.