Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
6230f pavilion desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Repeated and serial hanging at start up. Recovers only, temporarily, with going back to previous build or using pc restoere point. Is this a problem with the old hardware vs where windows has gone? I don't expect the creators update will sit easily on this venerable relic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi donpiche

I can't find 6230f in HP's product database. It would help if you could provide a better product number.

The product number you have provided reminds me of an HP PC that may have been released by HP to manufacturing in 2012 or 2013.

This PC may have shipped with Windows 7.

The Creator's update (1703) breaks a lot of stuff on older PC's.

It is a hardware problem.

You are lucky to be able to go back to a previous Windows 10 build.

I would consider going back to the HP factory operating system. Microsoft has an accelerated support system for successive Windows 10 builds.

Back up data if you decide to to go back.

Windows 10 version 1607 is supported until March 2018. Not being able to install Windows 10 (1703) means you may lose Microsoft Support next year.

Grzy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi donpiche

I can't find 6230f in HP's product database. It would help if you could provide a better product number.

The product number you have provided reminds me of an HP PC that may have been released by HP to manufacturing in 2012 or 2013.

This PC may have shipped with Windows 7.

The Creator's update (1703) breaks a lot of stuff on older PC's.

It is a hardware problem.

You are lucky to be able to go back to a previous Windows 10 build.

I would consider going back to the HP factory operating system. Microsoft has an accelerated support system for successive Windows 10 builds.

Back up data if you decide to to go back.

Windows 10 version 1607 is supported until March 2018. Not being able to install Windows 10 (1703) means you may lose Microsoft Support next year.

Grzy

HP Recommended

message to G*:

-machine purchased 2011 as 6540f from Best Buy, listed as refurbished/recertified etc. but on scanning by HP website when account set up it turned into a 6230f (go figure)

-you confirmed my expectations and although the machine will be out of sync with the win 10 in the rest of the house, win 7 was certainly not a dog; the PC is no wierder than our Blackberry Playbook which can't even back up its OS!

-I appreciate the reply. cheers donp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.