Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i press the power button an all the computer will do is beep   4 times and then beep again just alot quite what do i do

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

NO PC told

Pavilion means zero really 10,000 models of desktops and laptops same name,

google HP beep codes.?

only old PCs beep , as that is considered by all now to be a BAD ACT, (imagine a 200PC business and many making that racket)

bad.

the beeps are by ERA (years made) generations

non told.

4beeps bad RTC coin cell battery is first.  replace it below 2.9vdc,  (intel rules) and TRUE.

on all old PC we do that first. or BIOS goes nuts even LIES to you.

on all old PC we test the HDd next, 5years old up for sure and never skipped, or huge waste of time and more.

in the world of PC we test hardware first, software is 2nd, in the real word.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@gomm 

For desktops, this HP thread describes the different blink and beep codes: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

As you can see, anything that starts with 4 beeps is a thermal crash -- indicating that your PC shut down due to the processor overheating.  This can result in permanent damage which will prevent the PC from starting up again.

In any event, we here can not diagnose or fix hardware issues, so you would need to have this looked at somewhere that it can be examined to determine if it is fixable and what that would take.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.