denise69
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

how do i disable my secure boot option on my HP all in one desktop

HP Recommended
HP All in One 24 FOxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help i don't know how to disable my secure boot option or know my HOTKEY help im so stuck i can't stand it LoL

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,841 30,733 3,072 7,587
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@denise69 

OK, so WHY are you trying to disable Secure Boot?  IF it is to install a Linux distro, I would strongly advise AGAINST that -- for two reasons.

First, HP does not provide Linux support.  So if you do this, then you assume ALL responsibility for maintaining this PC after that.  You will get no further assistance from HP.

Second, All-in-Ones are basically huge laptops with external mice and keyboards -- and like laptops, they have specialized hardware for which few, if any, Linux drivers exist.  If you force an Linux installation, you will on your own to get drivers because HP does not provide Linux drivers.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation