11-09-2018 09:54 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP
10-15-2019 12:39 AM - edited 10-15-2019 12:41 AM
My laptop model is HP probook 6440b, product name is HP163AV, each time I want to enter bios settings, and I entered my bios admin password correctly 3 different times, a page with on screen keyboard will pop up, if I press enter on my keyboard the response I get is authentication failed press power button to restart. I have removed the CMOS battery for close to an hour, the password was not reset. The issue still remain. Please how do I go about this issue because I want to enable vt-x in my laptop.
Thanks for your help
10-15-2019 08:35 AM
Thank you for using HP Support Community.
According to the Community's Rules of Participation:
4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.
Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region.