01-15-2019 03:36 PM
I just bought this computer its brand new , I just opened the box and set it up and it is so slow, what is the reason for this?
01-15-2019 04:00 PM
Well, with the followin specs
It is a slow machine anyway. And you can't upgrade to anything except RAM from 4GB to 8GB. Did you read its specs before open your wallet ?
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
01-15-2019 04:40 PM - edited 01-15-2019 04:40 PM
With a new Win10 PC, you're almost always going to experience a very slow PC for a while because Windows Update (WU) is hogging your PC, searching for, downloading, and installing updates -- to bring your PC up to the most current version of Windows.
To find out what version and build of Win10 your PC is running, do the following:\1) enter "cmd" (without the quotes) into the search area and select the Command Prompt option
2) enter "winver" into the command window (again, without the quotes)
3) the most current Win10 is v1809 Build 17763.253
If yours is older than that, most likely WU is hogging your PC trying to update it.
To disable WU temporarily, do the following:
1) Enter "services" in the search area (again, without the quotes)
2) When the window opens, scroll down until you see Windows Update
3) If it say Running under status, that indicates that WU is running
4) To change that, double-click on that task, select Stop under the Service status, and then Apply
5) That should stop WU -- and you should see an immediate improvement in performance
WU will restart itself automatically later on, so you basically have no choice thathan to bear with it until it finishes.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP