Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Pavillion 22-a113w aio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp Pavillion 22-a113w touch aio power light is on but will not power up. the fan kicks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the solution. The problem is the power button board flex cable ribbon.  Within time, the gold plated poles on the ends of the ribbon wear or burn out causing them to not make contact with the pins on the power button board. I ordered a new board and my hp Pavillion is working again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

dead PC it is, screen dead, BIOS DIED?

fan blows.

do the  level 1 reset, hold power button for 10seconds and release (works on all PCs its that intel inside logic)

NO

do the hard power reset,.(first 5 steps here) 

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

hi Savvy, i tried your recommendation but no luck. i think it could be my ac power supply.

HP Recommended

I found the solution. The problem is the power button board flex cable ribbon.  Within time, the gold plated poles on the ends of the ribbon wear or burn out causing them to not make contact with the pins on the power button board. I ordered a new board and my hp Pavillion is working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.