Level 2
25 17 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp pavilion 310t - no boot/screen

HP Recommended
hp pavilion 310t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Have had this computer new since 2009.  Used for simple operations, no gaming, has always been in open area with good air movement.  Open and used canned air to remove dust a couple of times a year.  In terms of usage, I would approximate in hours 40-50 a week.  Is shut off when not in use.  Build is in sig. 

A few months ago the system shut off by itself then restarted ... all was find and saw nothing in the error log that was critical.  A few weeks ago, the computer would not boot, it powered up, could hear the hard drive spinning but then it would stop at the point where it should be loading programs.  Tried a few time and did the same thing.   Wanted to add that I performed these things first:

- Turned off power

- Disconnected all cables / devices from PC

- Pressed and held the power button for 20 seconds

- Reconnected to power up ... same results

I removed the side panel, to check the following.

- CMOS battery, it had a full charge.  Kept it out for a length of time to see if it discharged, tested good.

- Removed and reinstalled the four sticks of RAM.

- Reset the BIOS using the jumper on the American Megatrends mother board

- Checked power supply for proper voltage output.  Was in spec

After that put it back together and it booted normally and working fine since.

Sunday it would not boot.  Did the same as before, can hear the hard drive spinning and sounds like it is going to go through the boot cycle but does not.  Screen never becomes active and goes to sleep as before.

My questions are, understanding the age of this PC model:

- Is anyone familiar with the HP Pavilion 310t and it's failure modes terms of hardware?

- Have the American Megatrends motherboard installed from HP known to need replacing at this point?

- Has the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card installed from HP known to have problems at this point?

- Are there methods to diagnosing the mother board or graphics card?

Thank you in advance for your help

Current Purchase 1/14/2020
• Z1 Workstation
• Windows 10 Pro
• Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor
• 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
• NVIDIA® QUADRO® P620
• Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor
• 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
• NVIDIA® QUADRO® P620

Still chugging along ...
• HP Pavilion Elite 310t
• Windows 7 Home Premium 64 (w/SP1)
• 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ Quad Core Processor + Intel(R)
• 12GB DDR3L System Memory (4 Dimm)
• ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card
• 2, 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drives
• 22-inch Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080) HD Graphics 4600
1 REPLY 1
Alexander07
Retired
Retired
14 13 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Eurosid

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. 

To isolate the issue we have to look at your PC. Hence I recommend you to contact the HP Phone Support Team and get service options.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Could you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation