cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Ferretonline
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

hp pavilion all in one shuts down unexpectedly

HP Recommended
hp pavilion 24-b209na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp pavilion all in one desktop (24-b209na) shuts down unexpectedly with no warning or error message after it restarts. I have unchecked the box that says "restart after error" and have run a hardware scan, but nothing is fixing it.  

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,226
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> My all in one desktop (24-b209na) shuts down unexpectedly with no warning or error message after it restarts. 

This could be an overheating issue, or a motherboard issue, or a power issue.

Check that the internal fan is still working (by listening for its noise, or feeling for the breeze that it should generate).

Are you living in a "third-world" country, with "flaky" power from the local electricity provider?

Replacing a motherboard is difficult & expensive.

Have you run the HP Hardware Diagnostics?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ferretonline
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
Nothing's come up on the diagnostic tool, I live in the UK so no power problems, and I can hear the fan running. It's happened sometimes when I immediately turn it on, so I don't think it's overheating
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,226
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ferretonline@  wrote:
Nothing's come up on the diagnostic tool,
I live in the UK so no power problems, 
I can hear the fan running.
It's happened sometimes when I immediately turn it on, so I don't think it's overheating

>>> This could be an overheating issue, or a motherboard issue, or a power issue.

So, by the process of elimination, it's either the power-supply itself, or the motherboard.

Certainly, an experiment of temporarily swapping-in a different power-supply unit is much easier/cheaper than trying a different motherboard.

blackjava1964
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. Purchased PC in Oct 2017 and trouble started in Jan. I won't get into my trouble dealing with tech support, but needless to say, I am having the hard drive replaced.

I did start to log what I was doing when it happens and the last 3 times I had a Microsoft Office document open. Twice was Excel, and just a few minutes ago I was typing in Word.

Is it possible that there is a connection?

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 5,264 577 1,226
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@blackjava1964@  wrote:

I am having the same issue. Purchased PC in Oct 2017 and trouble started in Jan.

I won't get into my trouble dealing with tech support, but needless to say, I am having the hard drive replaced.

I did start to log what I was doing when it happens and the last 3 times I had a Microsoft Office document open. Twice was Excel, and just a few minutes ago I was typing in Word.

Is it possible that there is a connection?

Did replacing the disk-drive solve the problem?  Or, are you still waiting for the replacement?

Yes, anything is possible.  Those 3 programs do access the disk-drive.

I think that the HP Warranty is still in effect.  So, continue to contact HP to make a claim against the HP Warranty.

HP Support can do more to help you than we can, on this "user-to-user" forum.

blackjava1964
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am waiting for replacement.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation