Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 875-014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 15 month old pc is in bsod continual loop.

I've tried everything up to and including a clean windows 10 reinstall  on the C : . It always has the KMODE error. Its an Omen 875-0xxx with Nvidia 1080 and 1 ssd hard drive and 1 SATA drive.  16mb ram. I'm at a complete wall here....could the motherboard have crapped out ? What to do ? $1200.00 is allot for just 15 months me thinks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rocknwave 

What you're seeing is a Windows error -- usually due to Fast Startup (a windows feature enabled by default in Win10) and/ or driver failure -- usually caused when Windows updates your drivers and corrupts them in the process.

This does NOT persist across reinstallations, so if that happened, the reinstallation failed somewhere along the way.

Since you have Windows media -- you had to reinstall from something -- then disconnect BOTH the SSD and the HDD and boot from the windows media.  If that does not work, there are other issues at work that are not Windows related.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.