Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP compaq slim line 8200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Will the individual that responded to me  will you respond back so that i can explain what happened with your last post to my request.

Thank You 

Beep01

below is my original post.

‎12-11-2016 

Product Name: HP compaq 8200 slim line
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Happy New Year Everyone;

I have a HP Compaq 8200 slim line, the OS is Windows 7 professional,    the problem is When I shut down the computer for the evening  it seems to hang up on "LOGGING OFF"  last night it took over 30 minutes for the computer to complete LOGGING OFF and the computer to shut doen.

Does anyone else have  the same problem ????????

Thanks

Beep01

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Mr. Robot;

Thanks,  I tried the procedures,  SORRY, those procedures did not solve the problem.   What I did was to " RESTORE THE SYSTEM TO A DIFFERENT DATE "  so far that has seemed to let my computer  loggout and shut down properly,     I hope that I haven't created any other problems by the RESTORE procedure.

Thanks Again

Beep01

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @Beep01, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that logging out from your PC is taking a long time.

Please try the steps recommended below.

The steps to be performed in the clean boot are given below:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
4. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
6. Restart your computer.

The shutdown should go successful this time as all the third party services are disabled.

Refer this article from Microsoft to know how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

1.   Click start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
 If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. 
2.       On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK. 
3.       When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If clean boot fails to find the root cause, then let’s move on to hardware clean boot to determine if any hardware is posing this problem.

1. Go to start and type device manager.
2. Select device manager from the Control Panel list.
3. Right Click on Sound Card, Video Adapter, and Network Adapter one by one and click disable.
4.  Reboot the computer.  If the problem is fixed then you can enable the hardware devices one by one to find the exact device that caused the problem.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mr. Robot;

Thanks,  I tried the procedures,  SORRY, those procedures did not solve the problem.   What I did was to " RESTORE THE SYSTEM TO A DIFFERENT DATE "  so far that has seemed to let my computer  loggout and shut down properly,     I hope that I haven't created any other problems by the RESTORE procedure.

Thanks Again

Beep01

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.