Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 21 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Yes hello my name is Guadalupe ... I am writing you today becouse i bought a new mouse and will it is not wanting to conect to my hp keybord or the wirless plug in thing in my computer . Mnext question is thst does it have to be a logitech keybord ? For it to work if my keybord is not logtich or my computer ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Guadal1228

Wireless mice and keyboards use a piece of hardware known as a "dongle" to send and receive signals between the devices and the PC.

Each of these is paired with a specific model device.  In some case, you can purchase a mouse/keyboard combination and they will BOTH use the same dongle.

But if you purchased these separately, or if they are different models, you will need the dongle that came with each one.

Logitech has gone to something known as a Universal dongle, which works for several different models of mice and keyboards, but you would have to check your model numbers on their site to see if (1) you have the Universal model of the dongle, and (2) if both your mouse and keyboard work with it.

There's nothing we here can do about this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Guadal1228

Wireless mice and keyboards use a piece of hardware known as a "dongle" to send and receive signals between the devices and the PC.

Each of these is paired with a specific model device.  In some case, you can purchase a mouse/keyboard combination and they will BOTH use the same dongle.

But if you purchased these separately, or if they are different models, you will need the dongle that came with each one.

Logitech has gone to something known as a Universal dongle, which works for several different models of mice and keyboards, but you would have to check your model numbers on their site to see if (1) you have the Universal model of the dongle, and (2) if both your mouse and keyboard work with it.

There's nothing we here can do about this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have a doogle and it is universal but it is not working still what do i do next ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.