Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elite 7200 mt
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello

Recently I decided to get a new graphics card to my computer

https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/GT-710-2GD3H-LP.html#hero-overview

but bios wont detect this gpu... no post screen, Can't acces bios, Can't acces windows

screenshot

96F4.jpg

my computer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elite-7200-microtower-pc/5037408/document/c02865337

need a bios update from HP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's a nice picture, generated by your NEW video-card.

Press the ESC key for Startup Menu.

What happens, if you do ?

Don't wait for the screen to show that picture -- repeatedly press ESC immediately after you power-on your computer.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

That's a nice picture, generated by your NEW video-card.

Press the ESC key for Startup Menu.

What happens, if you do ?

Don't wait for the screen to show that picture -- repeatedly press ESC immediately after you power-on your computer.

HP Recommended

"generated by your NEW video-card."

yes sir

"Press the ESC key for Startup Menu."

nothing 😕 only One beep(short)

HP Recommended

"generated by your NEW video-card."

yes sir

"Press the ESC key for Startup Menu.

What happens, if you do ?"

nothing... only one beep(short)

HP Recommended

nothing... only one beep(short)

HP Recommended

i cant use new graphic card

need bios update from HP :@

can you hear me?

**bleep**

i will not buy any HP product :@

HP Recommended

> i can't use new graphic card.

Why not?  It is correctly displaying that "press ESC ..." message.  So, it seems to be working.

> need BIOS update from HP,

You "need" it?   Really?  Who told you so?

Personally, I am of the opinion that one should never try a BIOS update, especially as a "first" item when trouble-shooting. I would only install a BIOS update after researching the "fixes" and "enhancements" listed in the BIOS update package, and then only if those changes address a problem that *I* am having with my motherboard.

I always trouble-shoot for "other" problems first:

* bad RAM

* failing disk-drive

* failing processor

* failed cooling fans

* failing power-supply

* failing motherboard

et cetera, before considering a BIOS update.

> can you hear me?  **bleep**

It is GOOD that you get EXACTLY "beep/bleep/boink" when the POST (Power On Self Test) has succesfully completed.

What happens if you disconnect the power/data cables from the disk-drive and from the optical device, and then try to boot?  Does the computer get to the point where a message is issued:

* PXE boot failed.  Check network cable, or,

* no boot device found; press any key to retry the boot

Those messages would be a good sign.

HP Recommended

"Why not?  It is correctly displaying that "press ESC ..." message.  So, it seems to be working."

Not working, nothing happens, no post, no bios, no windows

You "need" it?   Really?  Who told you so?

Personally, I am of the opinion that one should never try a BIOS update, especially as a "first" item when trouble-shooting. I would only install a BIOS update after researching the "fixes" and "enhancements" listed in the BIOS update package, and then only if those changes address a problem that *I* am having with my motherboard.

I always trouble-shoot for "other" problems first:

* bad RAM

* failing disk-drive

* faukubg oricessir

* failed cooling fans

* failing power-supply

* failing motherboard

no problem with my pc, its working good, i am using GT 630 but GT 710 not working

do you understand me?

HP Recommended

> do you understand me?

Obviously, I do not.

>> "Why not?  It is correctly displaying that "press ESC ..." message.  So, it seems to be working."

> Not working, nothing happens, no post, no bios, no windows

The BIOS has successfully completed the POST, and then that "splash" screen is displayed.

> no problem with my PC, its working good, i am using GT 630 but GT 710 not working.

I am confused. 

Are you saying that with the "old" graphics card, the GT 630, your computer successfully starts, POSTs, and completely loads Windows?

If you open the Windows "Device Manager", and select the GT 630 graphics card, and choose "uninstall", and then shutdown your computer, and remove the GT 630, connect the GT 710, and restart the computer, that the computer does not successfully load Windows ?

HP Recommended

Are you saying that with the "old" graphics card, the GT 630, your computer successfully starts, POSTs, and completely loads Windows?

-YES

If you open the Windows "Device Manager", and select the GT 630 graphics card, and choose "uninstall", and then shutdown your computer, and remove the GT 630, connect the GT 710, and restart the computer, that the computer does not successfully load Windows ?

-YES BUT NOT ONLY WINDOWS... MY PC, BIOS AND POST SCREEN, NOTHING HAPPENS

my computer runs fine with the Geforce gt630 graphics but wont post with GT710 graphics card

the same problem here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PC-WON-T-BOOT-AFTER-INSTALLING-...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.