Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm having HP all in one 18-5120in model desktop pc it is  windows8.1 os preloaded pc, now i want to install windows7 in it for that  i have tried to change legacy boot to enable in bios..but there is no option for me to change legacy boot enabled in bios..there is only secure boot enable/disable...what can i do please any one help me to solve this issue...

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

If the legacy boot is not showing, then that option might not be available in the BIOS version you have installed on the computer. 

However, this should not stop you from installing the OS.

I would like to inform you that HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @Sp1616

I see you are looking for the legacy boot settings in BIOS, is that right? I would like to help.

Legacy support option is available just above secure boot. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks

in my pc's bios there is no such option.....P_20161125_102735.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi! @Sp1616, thanks for the response.

Please Go BIOS by tapping F10 key, Select security Tab, Select secure boot configuration from the list.

You will get window which says "Are you sure you want to continue" Press F10 to confirm.

Disable secure boot and enable Legacy boot. Press F10 key to save changes and exit.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @ Chimney_83,MrRobot thanks again...

Yes I did that after that only I post that image yesterday...legacy boot option is missing....have you saw the image I have posted yesterday...let me post again

HP Recommended

original.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

If the legacy boot is not showing, then that option might not be available in the BIOS version you have installed on the computer. 

However, this should not stop you from installing the OS.

I would like to inform you that HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks....

HP Recommended

Hi, i am having the exact issue your having. The only diiference is that im just trying to enable legacy boot, just to be able to change the boot order on my pc to boot from my disc. Forgot the password and need to remove it, but in order to do that i need to run my dic to run my password recovery software. Were you able to finally figure out how to access and make changes to legacy??? Many thanks

Marcus 

HP Recommended

@unpluggednow wrote:

Hi, i am having the exact issue your having. The only diiference is that im just trying to enable legacy boot, just to be able to change the boot order on my pc to boot from my disc. Forgot the password and need to remove it, but in order to do that i need to run my dic to run my password recovery software. Were you able to finally figure out how to access and make changes to legacy??? Many thanks

Marcus 

Hi. still the problem remains the same for me not able to enable legacy boot...

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.