Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

on pwr up my HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n190st CTO (Touch) beeps 35 times & boots normal

pavilion aio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On power up of my HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n190st CTO (Touch) I get 3 long beeps & 4 short one. This sequence repeats 5 times and pc boots up normal. Never had this previously.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

on pwr up my HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-n190st CTO (Touch) beeps 35 times & boots normal

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The boot error code you are seeing refers to potential hardware failure down the road:

The system board displays a power failure (crowbar).*
Indicates potential power system failure.
  1. Reduce to minimum config (CPU, System board, PSU, 1 DIMM of memory) and isolate failed component.
  2. Reduce further if issue persists.
  3. Test known good PSU.
  4. Replace affected component.
  5. If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, System Board, PSU.

You can refer to this BIOS error code at the following HP Support site (LInk).

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can someone translate this into laymans terms?  I did find this solution on the hp support page and it's too techy for me.  And is there anything I can do besides having to take it in to get fixed?  thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kmorand,

This error code relates to possible faulty hardware.

Hardware troubleshooting is required to find the failing component. You have to open the chassis and reduce the system to a minimum configuration. Test components. I usually replace components with known, good working parts until I find the bad component.

Contact HP if in warranty or have a local PC tech diagnose the cause.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

oh that sucks... i was hoping i could troubleshoot on my own... anytime you bring it in, it's a few hundred $!  it's off warranty, so i guess i have no choice.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation