Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i believe the bios version is AMI v8.09, what bios settings must one tweak to enable overclocking? my software is failing to do so, so i think you must do something to the bios to do so, if its a more difficult setting to access(secret) how do you do so? in addition, if this bios simply can not be overclocked enabled, what is the name of the disk image file(ISO) one must download and burn to bootable media in order to update the bios in which it would then have the option to enable CPU overclocking? thank you for your time 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@StevenSmith

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop or printer???

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

HP Recommended

absolutely, of course, assuming product and model numbers are not at all synonomous with serial numbers, the product number is H3Z00AA#ABA, the model number is h8-1414, feel free to request any other information you may need, for example, the graphics card is an AMD raedon 7450, and the motherboard should be a gigabyte (XXXX) 1.2, i downloaded several softwares that overclock, some softwares overclocked it a bit, however one software would fail to stress the pc at all, bringing me to the conclusion that the bios settings needed to be changed to enable overclocking, if my bios happens to not have the option available, please verify that, and if you know of such a thing: identify the name of the ISO that i may make a bootable media out of, that may update the bios to have more options, specificly to overclock the PC, yet certainly not limited to just that, i am quite obsessed with updating the bios, as long as it is compatable, more functional, yet most importantly, not fatal to the precious hardware

HP Recommended

lols, sorry about mentioning the iso thingy twice, i forgot that i already said that XD

HP Recommended

@StevenSmith

Not doing this to steal @REO51ST thunder -- but the post count here says nothing whatsoever about anyone's actual hands-on experiences with PCs, especially with respect to overclocking.

If you have done this before and are well aware of the risks you are taking, then read no further -- as this is a cautionary tale, intended only to save you from trashing a working PC through accident.

If you have NOT done this before, then understand that successful overclocking requires sending more power to your processor and (almost certainly) to the memory sticks, as well.  This is generall done by increasing the default voltage to both.  This will generate a LOT more heat!  IF you are using liquid cooling, or an oversized HSF with better cooling than a stock fan, then you might be OK.  IF you are not, you are risking having your PC shut down due to thermal events, and those may end up causing serious damage.

I have been doing overclocking on PCs since the says where there was NO software for doing this and everthing had to be tweaked manually in the BIOS settings. So, I have seen my share of shutdowns and crashes due to overheating.

And -- one of the very best sites around that discusses this process is this one:  [H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com 

I would suggest you visit that if you are serious about continuing into overclocking.

I'll leave the rest in the very capable hands of @REO51ST

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

No problem @WAWood

We got hit with 5 tornadoes yesterday around 4:00.

From 1/2 mile to about 20 miles away.

The close one took out power till around 5:00 this morning. "Still try to catch-up"

@StevenSmith

I am more familiar with Intel CPU's. (Intel® XTU) 

AMD OverDrive™ Technology for Overclocking CPU and Fan Control

http://download.amd.com/Desktop/aod_setup_4.3.1.0698.exe

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.