Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
all in one, 24-b017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Shortly after my granddaughter used my computer, it basically would not start up. It turns on, in that the HP logo comes on, then it immediately says preparing automatic repair... within a minute, it then says automatic repair was not able to repair this pc.  I have performed all the functions it suggests, everything from system restore, to trying to reset the pc. It will not even go into the mode to perform these actions ..simply goes back to not being able to repair automatically. I was able to get into the diagnostics and have done checks on everything possible.  All say pass! Still no working computer...it is not 3 years old yet... so pretty bummed I am having these problems. 

Can anyone suggest any solutions.   Thanks ahead!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Tip, set up a non-administator (user account) for guests to avoid future problems.

Wild card, your PC updated to Windows 10, version 1903 unsuccessfully after your granddaughter was using the PC???

I cannot find your HP PC using "24-B017c".

So, if you have tried all Windows troubleshooting options and can boot to HP diagnostics with all tests passing this suggests the operating system may be corrupt beyond repair.

Your hardware should be okay.

Check out some Windows 10 operating system recovery tips at this site (Link).

You can create bootable Windows installation media at this Microsoft site (Link). 

Now boot to the media you created in the second link. Select "Repair". Additional instructions for using Windows boot media repair options when using the bootable Windows installation media can be reviewed at the first link.

You may have to reinstall Window clean using the Windows boot media created per the second link.

You will lose data doing a clean Windows installation unless you remove the HDD from your PC before you reinstall the operating system. Then connect this HDD to a different PC as a data drive or get a HDD to USB adapter. This adapter can be connected to a different PC via USB to retrieve data.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.