Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
presario SR1610NX 32 bit
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all,  will not shut down by windows, click on restart or shut down,the pc logs off then is stuck on windows shutting down until I do a hard shut down ?? anyone have any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

had to reinstall windows, that fixed the shut down problem, thanks all ... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Im sorry.. on this pc, I meant, it will not shut down .. I can click on shut down or restart in windows, it logs off,then is stuck on windows shutting down..have to do a hard shut down everytime

HP Recommended

Hi

Yes,  ENSURE Fast Start-Up cannot happen.

PWR and LID.pngAutoRestart.png

Re-Start in Safe Mode with the minimum, because you have a driver or app failing to finish cleanly.

Then move on with F8 to Safe Mode with networking etc etc.

HP Recommended

had to reinstall windows, that fixed the shut down problem, thanks all ... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.