Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavillion 510-p136
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought 2 ssd drives a crucial mx500 1tb and a samsung 860 evo 500 gb, once i clone them and installed into my hp pavillion 510-p136 it will not go passed boot page or go into the bio's to tell it to boot off the ssd drive installed.  I  have tried everything i have read and nothing works i get the same thing over and over, anything else anyone can help with. it has the lastest drivers and software updates and is running windows 10 (64).. one thing is runs great off any harddrive i installed in it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jerialone

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Jerialone
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Is both the drive installed in the computer?
  • Have you checked with the signle drive(HDD)?
  • Are you getting any error code or message?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The hp is running on a toshiba hdd and can go into bios.

Once i connect an ssd and turn it on it freezes on the boot page and will not do anything with any key, does the same with any ssd installed. does it with or without hhd installed.

If you connect one or two hdd's it works fine and can go into bio's and change boot order. 

no error's

thanks for your reoply

HP Recommended

@Jerialone
Have you tried disabling the secure boot and enabling the legacy boot order?

Let's try this workaround:

shut down the computer and remove the HDD and Start the computer from SSD, and the =n shutdown the computer and reinstall the HDD and check.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already did disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot order with hdd on and once i take off hdd and leave sdd and shut down and start up it does the same thing freezes on boot page.

once i shut off again and remove ssd and replace hdd it works.

I been trying  everything i have googled for more than a month and nothing seem to work.

Thanks for trying to help

HP Recommended

@Jerialone
This looks like an issue with SSD as Toshiba drive works fine on this computer, 

Let's try checking the SSD on a different computer and check If it doesn't work then its a compatibility issue with the drive.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When I bought the crucial m500 I got told it could be the ssd so I sent it back to crucial and bought a samsung 860 evo from bestbuy and returned it cause both did the same thing.

I don't think its the ssd with the probelm it has something to do with this hp pavillion 520-p136 that won't accept ssd for some reason only hdd cause not mattter what brand off hdd i install it works.

Before I bought the samsung at bestbuy I asked if it was compatible with the system and they check cause I bought the system there and they said it would work.  When i took it back they didn't have an answer other than to bring in the system and get charged $149 to see if maybe they could make it work and if they couldn't i still had to pay that amount.

one of the online post I read mentions that bio's F38 could maybe be the problem but I am not sure since I never tryed an ssd before it updated to that one.

Thanks again for that advise

HP Recommended

@Jerialone

To fix this error, I would recommend ship the unit in for a physical diagnosis, HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/ Contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your product.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Hp is not under warranty anymore and will have to pay a fee just like i would at bestbuy just to check whats may be the problem that just came up cause the system has everything that came with it new and even did a factory restore and still will not run on any ssd.

On another note I went buy a friends home and he is running an ssd on a dell... thinking that may be the best way to use my money buy a dell.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

@Jerialone

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.