Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thank you and will be waiting on them to contact me...

HP Recommended

actually i have the same issue.......this is no hardware nor software issue (read windows).....the problem is related to the latest bios which disable non-HP hardware..........

In my 460-p020nd I had replaced my HDD with an Samsung SSD, this was working for 3 years without any issue....now with the latest bios my SSD is not recognized anymore and the only option to get the unit started again was to plug back my HDD.

I think this is a rediculous approuch and will push away a lot of customers to buy HP next time again.

HP Recommended

Have you tried to use an hp ssd on your system cause an hp agent said some older models will not support 3rd party hardware anymore due to changes.

I haven't tried  it my self.

Thanks for the response

HP Recommended

Issue FIXED..... i am using a sandisk ssd and it's working great..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.