Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How do I start windows 10 without password? I took the checkmark out of user must enter password, but it did not help, I still have to enter password at startup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following setup:

http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-to-disable-login-screen-on-win-10.165/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the following setup:

http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/how-to-disable-login-screen-on-win-10.165/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Click start. Type netplwiz. Press enter.
In the user account dialog box, UNCHECK the users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
Click apply. Okay.
Restart the computer to prove it's functionality. 😊
HP Recommended

I have already done this and it did not work I still have to enter password at startup'

John

HP Recommended
How many account you have in your pc?
Maybe you have not select the right account to uncheck the box yet.
HP Recommended

I only have one account in my computer

HP Recommended

May be you can set your Windows 10 password to blank. This only works when you are login with local account, if you are using a Microsoft account to login , use the method  above to uncheck the check box user must enter password.

To set your Windows 10 password to blank:

1. Log into Windows, press "Ctrl + Alt + Del".

2. Select "Change password".

3. Enter your current password.

4. Leave the new  password text box blank, and click Next directly.

5. Sign out of your account, and log in again to have a try  to see if it still need to enter password?

HP Recommended

Next to start button type in netplwiz a command should come up to click on saying

netplwiz

run Command

Click on it and a window should open up. Uncheck the box next to "user must enter a user name & password to use this computer".

A page opens up asking to enter current password & confirm password. After all is done click "APPLY" on bottom right.

Your done.

%MCEPASTEBIN%

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.