Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
prodesk 600 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ESET antivirus is reporting a problem wth malware and uefi

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TaxCA 

This is just a community self-help forum staffed mostly by volunteers.
We have no capability for debugging problems with third-party (i.e., non-HP) applications.
For help with ESET issues, you have to contact the vendor of the application or their support forum.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I tried getting information from Eset but to no avail. When the Eset Nod32 scans are run the UEFI issue is raised but users are left hanging because no solution (such as delting the cause of the issue) is provided. One suggestion Eset did have was to adjust the scanning properties to eliminate scanning for UEFI related problems which I found to be a rather strange suggestion to say the least.

I'm not the only one to have this problem and reached out to this community to see if anyone had any suggestions. I think I'll just sit tight at this point and see what develops.

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.