Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Nettle2-GL8E
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

where I get the latest version for this motherboard and how I install it

-----------------------

board: Mcp61pm-hm (nettle2) Rev 1.0B

ref: Nettle2-GL8E

bios: phoenix technologies, LTD 5.12 11/06/2007

So: windows 10 64bit

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Could you please expand on the

MAKE, MODEL, OS and SKU?

WinKey + R and type msinfo32 then look at line 9 for the SKU.

HP Recommended

That motherboard is relatively old and the HP supported BIOS files will not run in Windows 10.  There are other ways to update if it is a extreme need.  What version is installed at present?

Also please provide the original information for the model number, even if it is no longer a part of that PC.  There seems to be more than one version of the

• ECS MCP61PM-HM
  • HP/Compaq name: Nettle2-GL8E
  • so please indicate the information stamped or etched on the motherboard. There might even be a part number, which would be helpful.

You might what to read thru this thread to tantalize your thoughts

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP-MCP61PM-HM-Nettle2-5-27-With-Unlocked-Overclocking-Options

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

hi,  are the data I found with msinfo32 the boar has that reference is version 1.0B of that board

SKU:   GN551AA#ABA

SO:   Windows 10 Pro 64bits

MAKE:   10.0.17134 compiling 17134

MODEL:   GN551AA-ABA m8200n

system manufacturer:   HP - Pavilon

processor:    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3000Mhz, 2 processors

BIOS version and date:    phoenix thechnologies, LTD 5.12,  11/06/2007

SMBIOS Version : 2.4

MotherBoard name:    mcp61pm-hm   rev 1.0b  

HP Recommended

The support page for that model says it is retired, however I did find this

https://us.driverscollection.com/?H=Pavilion%20Media%20Center%20m8200n&By=HP&SS=BIOS

No guarantees

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.