Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi

My Pavilion crashed with screen showing "missing operating system" so on trying to reboot/recover from USB drive found there is no option to boot from USB.

Computer is OLD been updated to 2TB hdd running windows 10, 64 bit home about 3 years ago.

I eventually got the computer going again,

so my question or query is it possible to put the USB option in the bios boot menu, because my boot up and recovery is on a USB  SSD drive.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jindy 

To me, a 3-year-old PC is not OLD -- as it is new enough to have had Win10 preloaded onto it and if that was the case, it came with Secure Boot enabled in the UEFI settings.  You have to disable that in order for the Boot Devices menu to show anything.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I should have said the computer is 11 years old but 3 years ago I updated it by installing 2 TB hdd a retail version of windows 10 Home and a new disc drive. The bios boot menu still has floppy disc, CD drive and hdd only.  So would it still have the secure boot enabled ? and how would I go about disabling it. I don't know much about the workings just enough to get into trouble.

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.